[Tfug] Power Problem (slightly OT)

Jim Secan jim at nwra.com
Tue Jan 22 12:52:21 MST 2008

I had to power down my server to recover from a lock-up (long story).
Once it was powered down, nothing I did would entice power to come back
on.  No sparks, no burning wires, no noises, just no power to anything.
Tried all combinations of switches and plugging/unplugging with no change.
 Tried new power cord, different outlet, no change.  OK.  Just went
through the joy of replacing the power supply.  Same behavior.  I'm at a
complete loss as to what's going on.

Details:
  MB : ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe
  PS : Antec TruePower Trio 420W (ATX 12V v2.2)
  OS : FC 4 Legacy
  System built by SWS (they're too busy to repair it)

There's the on/off switch on the PS, an on/off button on the front panel,
and a small reset button on the front panel.  This beastie permits "soft"
power on/off (which I'm starting to suspect).

Any ideas as to what to check/do next?

TIA
Jim