[Tfug] DVD Writing

Don Freeman DFreeman at pagnet.org
Tue Jan 22 12:47:51 MST 2008

Using the ADS unit the original video and sound are captured to the HD.
Editing takes place with a ULEAD program that was bundled with the ADS box.
The term editing may be a misnomer. What actually happens is that you "mark"
the sections you want to exclude (commercials). You can also mark split
points to create chapters. The program then does some sort of regen before
burning to disk. The original capture file is not affected. I'm not sure
what the "regen" is actually doing and the final output is not too bad but
not as good as I'd like either. My new Samsung combo unit does a better job
but I'm having trouble figuring out how to get it onto the PC in an editable
form. I can get the video but the audio comes in "AC-3" format (whatever
that is) which is not compatible with the software.
- Don