[Tfug] CAT5 Cables, The Sequel

Jim Secan jim at nwra.com
Fri Jan 18 15:02:34 MST 2008

Nth lesson learned - let someone else do it, or buy cable that's a bit too
long and coil it (and tell the customer "damn it, if you don't like the
coil make the %^*#*@^! cable yourself").  I would think that since this is
something that is done fairly regularly by people for whom time is money
that there is a spiffy little machine that will do this for you.  Or maybe
it is that such a machine does exist but it costs big bucks.

All I can say is that I'm glad I've not tried this.  Thanks for the warnings.

Jim

At 01:49 PM 1/18/2008 -0800, Bexley Hall wrote:
>The Crimperama Saga
>(subtitled:  How to waste an Evening without Trying)

| Jim Secan           | Northwest Research Assoc, Inc |
| (jim at nwra.com)      | 2455 E. Speedway, Suite 204   |
| (520) 319-7773      | Tucson, Arizona 85719         |