[Tfug] Stuph Avaylible Four Sail

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 12 10:09:28 MST 2008

Hi,

WorldCare has a Sun E420R for sale at $30.
This is essentially a rack-mounted U80 with
redundant power supplies.

In its current configuration, it has three
450MHz UltraSPARC-II processors, 1GB of RAM
and a pair of 18GB SCA drives.  Debian 3.1
is installed on it though it should run
Solaris 8 or 10 easily (or some other OS).

It has a "VGA" style video card (i.e., *not*
Sun's traditional 13W3), CD-ROM, and a Sun
keyboard/mouse (a type 5, IIRC).

There is also a Sun GDM-90W10 wide-screen
*CRT* (not LCD) monitor available for $30.
Note that this has *two* video inputs -- a
13W3 and a "VGA" -- with a front panel button
to select between the two (i.e., a two-port
video switch).

If interested, please contact Joe Alwine
(JoeAlwine at Juno.com) as neither of these are
on display in the WorldCare store.  They
should be available for about a week before
being stripped and recycled.  (sigh -- a
shame to see these things not being used)

Due to space and staffing limitations, we
hope to start more aggressively recycling
things at WorldCare (i.e., not letting them
sit around *hoping* for a buyer).  So, if
there is no local interest in these types of
machines, we probably will be recycling them
as soon as we receive them -- or, parting
them out and selling the bits and pieces on
eBay.  :-/

Thanks!
--don