[Tfug] organizing fonts

christ skeptikos at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 01:30:50 MST 2008

> Fonts in X are anything but trivial.. what a mess!  I'd be interested in
> this too.  I have both TTF and bitmap fonts.

Here's a link that I think will help. With the help of
this page, I basically decided to just start storing
all fonts that weren't installed by some app in a
directory in my home directory. By adding it to the
font path, I think all apps will be able to find them,
since they all go through X. I'm not sure this is
the simplest way, but it's certainly simple enough
for me. Hope that helps ~ Chris

http://docs.hp.com/en/B1171-90076/ch06s01.html