[Tfug] OSX

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 6 13:33:19 MST 2008

Hi, Jim,

--- Jim Secan <jim at nwra.com> wrote:

> At 10:19 AM 1/2/2008 -0800, you wrote:
> >Hard to be "happy" using Solaris.  :>  But, it gets
> >the job done and stays out of my way, for the most
> >part.  The good thing about writing code is that so
> >much time is spent "writing" that you can elect to
> >do that *wherever* you find the best "text
> >editting" tools  :>
>
> I hear that!  I've got one Solaris box left, and
> when it dies I'm done with Solaris.

Yeah, it was not my ideal choice of platform.  But,
I have far more faith in its reliability than
"version A.B.C.D.E.F.G.H running on distro foobar".
<shrug>  So far, this has been a good choice...

> As for text editing tools - vi forever!
> The One True un-IDE.

<grin>  Yeah, I know what you mean.  Imagine how
few houses would get built if carpenters had to
spend as much time learning how to use their
hammers!!  :>

--don