[Tfug] OSX

Rich r-lists at studiosprocket.com
Sat Jan 5 21:58:27 MST 2008

On Jan 2, 2008, at 11:22 am, Bexley Hall wrote:

> I suspect the "hackish" nature of the API will no
> doubt show up as innumerable "inconsistencies" or
> "incompatibilities" with native WindBlows apps.
> I guess if you want to run WordPad, you could do
> so nicely  ;-)
You misunderstood me. I was saying that running X apps on Cygwin on
Windows, or running Windows apps on wine on Linux gives you roughly
the same breadth of tools as does Mac OS X does out of the box: no
hacks required. Kinda like Irix did, but without the price tag...

>> Remember 10.2 is history. Like Win XP before the
>> service packs and Linux before Ubuntu.
> Understood.  It was just "what I had available",
> hence, the only thing I could *try*.

Let's see. 10.2.x runs on Darwin 6.y where x=y. Current version of
Darwin available is 9.0. So pah! You haven't even begun :-P  Try
upgrading the version of Darwin that 10.2 sits on to a later version.
Kernel, or the entire OS.

Others have been there before you:
http://www.google.com/search?q=upgrade+darwin

Here's the source: