[Tfug] OSX

Predrag Punosevac punosevac72 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 13:04:19 MST 2008

On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 11:04:38 -0700, Bexley Hall <bexley401 at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> --- "Eric M. Gearhart" <eric at nixwizard.net> wrote:

I am reading your mails and trying to understand what you need. VNC server
will run on the headless machine allowing you to use it remotely
with GUI of your choice. I am familiar with two open source VNC servers
but I personally run TightVNC.
You need to configure .vnc/xstartup and start VNC server. Then install
TightVNC client
on the remote machine and you are in business. VNC runs through ssh tunnel
so it is very safe.
VNC is available via pkgsrc.

This how to is good starting point:
http://www.freebsddiary.org/tightvnc.php