[Tfug] Mower stuph fur sail

Steven Bowers steveb7 at simplybits.net
Sun Feb 17 13:40:44 MST 2008

Bexley Hall wrote:
> --- Steven Bowers <steveb7 at simplybits.net> wrote:
>
>> .....but the really good stuff is in the back room
>> ;-) (Cisco switches, routers, Wireless APs, VoIP
>> phones, Compaq servers from 1U to 4u, etc).
>
> Note that this is not "by design" but, rather, a
> simple consequence of the fact that most of the
> folks who drop into the store are not interested in
> those types of things.
>
> One aspect of my posts here re: WorldCare offerings
> is to see if there *is* any demand for these sorts
> of items -- so we don't waste time trying to clean
> them up and repair them (if no one will want them!)

While it is true that the typical person who visits the World Care store
would not be interested in these types of items, there are others who
are looking for these types of items and that is why I mentioned it.
Lists such as these have people who want that quad core server, a piece
of Cisco gear or other commercial grade piece of hardware that somebody
donated.

I have been in the store and have been asked by other people shopping
there if World Care had video cards, network cards, CD or DVD ROM
drives, etc. The store is not set up for that, but there is a market for
people looking to buy certain types of used computer hardware. These are
the people who do not shop SWS because they are building something out
of spare parts and do not want to spend $30 on a brand new nic.

Personally I would recommend either a single post once a week to this
list detailing the commercial hardware available, i.e. the servers,
rackmount switches, etc or a simple web page off of the worldcare.org
site that lists them.