[Tfug] N770 nearly bricked

John Karns johnkarns at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 16:24:22 MST 2008

I have one of these critters which suffered from frequent browser
crashes, perhaps related to additional packages which I installed from
various repositories, such as mplayer.  I had been using it in that
state for several months, but a few days ago it crashed again and
froze the device.  I was in a hurry so I put it back into its sleeve
to look at later.

When I opened it, it had rebooted.  The browser seems to load
normally, but I can't open an xterm or several other applications,
like the text editor.  It attempts to load, but times out.  I had the
becomeroot pkg installed, but had never flashed the device with the
hacker version of the OS or anything like that.

Anybody out there with one of these have a similar experience?

I'm thinking that I'll probably have to reflash to the original OS and
re-install any applications I had.  Sorta like Windoze  :(

--
John