[Tfug] Virtual Keyboard

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 14 16:36:37 MST 2008

[yahoo hiccup'ed -- apologies if this is a duplicate]

Hi, Joe,

--- jblais <joe.blais at pti-instruments.com> wrote:

> > Bexley Hall
> > Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2008 10:33 AM
> >
> > > We were just looking for unusual stuff for our
> next
> > > machine, so I was wondering if anyone ever
> played
> > > with something like this..
> >
> > Did *you* guys play with any of them?
>
> Not yet - I was just asking around, and wanting to
> see is anyone else had,
> or if anyone had seen any other "novel" user
> interfaces.

<grumble>  I *really* need to make time to come
see your toys... Sorry, I just always seem
to be too busy :-(

What sort of interfaces are you interested in?
You make "instruments", right?

> > > Performance:
> > > "thumb" keyboards used on
> >
> > Yeah, and ~ *half* the rate (and twice the error
> rate)
> > of a "real" keyboard.  :-/
>
> I wonder how it would work for someone like me,
> being all thumbs abnd dyslexic too ?
> (to fix that needs a special device)

I think text entry is always a challenge with anything
other than a conventional keyboard.  *But*, often
you can rethink your interface and come up with
alternatives that *aren't* textual.

Or, that aren't as *verbose*.

[(sigh)  I *really* need to make time to stop by
your place.]

> > I'm waiting for an OLED touch panel...
>
> (also:  I have some 25-pair(?) wire, about 13 or 14
> coils, about 1'
> diameter, could you use it? - did you find 50-ft?)

Thanks but I think I am all set!

--don