[Tfug] Wireless

John Karns johnkarns at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 15:44:43 MST 2008

On Feb 9, 2008 10:33 AM, Bexley Hall <bexley401 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having some "issues" with my wireless
> connection   :<
>
> At times, performance seems "adequate";
> at others, it's like a cable is unplugged!
> (figuratively)
>
> I see lots of signal in each case.  But,
> notice a helluvalot of "packets received
> with errors" -- in both cases (though, no
> doubt, more when my throughput drops to
> practically zero!)

One thing you might try is changing the channel of the router / AP
away from the default channel (accessible from the devices
configuration).

You could also check to see that the SSID is specified in your hosts
wifi config, and not "any".

Of course, doing those two things would not address any issues of
interference from other devices such as phones or other appliances,
but might be effective if the issue is interference from other wifi
gear in your vicinity.

--
John Karns