[Tfug] Wireless

Terence Rudkin trudkin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 11:35:16 MST 2008

On Feb 9, 2008 10:33 AM, Bexley Hall <bexley401 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having some "issues" with my wireless
> connection   :<
>
> At times, performance seems "adequate";
> at others, it's like a cable is unplugged!
> (figuratively)

Sounds exactly like the symptoms my wife has.   She is wireless and I
am directly connected. At times she comes in and says I  can't get to
the network.   I fire up my notebook and connect straight away.  But
hers is still not seeing our network.  It does see  some weak networks
in the neighborhood .

Rebooting does not help, moving the notebook near the AP will get the
connection reestablished.

I am beginning to think. OK grasping at straws, that the problem is
related ti the auto down-shift of speed.  Different vendors have
slight differences in implementation of the speed shit protocol and
does not play will with out of connections.

I am searching out a new access point so that it is the same brand as
in the notebook to see if the problems goes away.

TR