[Tfug] Firefox 2.0.012]

John Gruenenfelder johng at as.arizona.edu
Fri Feb 8 18:24:31 MST 2008

On Fri, Feb 08, 2008 at 11:25:04AM -0700, Jeffry Johnston wrote:
>Sounds to me like you need a package manager.
>
>Jeff
>
>On Feb 7, 2008 9:39 PM, Felix Tilley <fetilley at earthlink.net> wrote:
>> I had to down load the whole damn thing in Linux.  10 Megs.  The update
>> gave me an error about AUS.  I know nothing about AUS. so I downloaded
>> the whole damned file.
>> It seems to work.
>>
>> Just released.  No revision for Thunderbird.
>>
>> www.mozilla.com
>>
>> Felix in Tucson

A package manager wouldn't really help here, would it?

Felix' problem is that the Firefox binary patch updater didn't work.  To the
best of my knowledge, no Linux distro makes use of binary patches to cover
revision-to-revision changes.  More complex to maintain, I'm sure, but it
would certainly cut down on the amount of data transferred.

--
--John Gruenenfelder    Research Assistant, UMass Amherst student
                        Systems Manager, MKS Imaging Technology, LLC.