[Tfug] Printing Annoyance

Jim Secan jim at nwra.com
Wed Feb 6 10:18:18 MST 2008

Still fighting my new CentOS server (after old server meltdown mentioned a
couple of weeks ago).  One of the remaining annoyances is the generation of
an extra blank page after a PostScript file is printed.  The printer is set
up using the generic PostScript printer (printer is an HP Laserjet, but
I've found the hard way that it's better to use the generic PS driver), and
I print the PS files using lp (lp -d PRINTER FILE).  The printer is
configured identically on both my remaining FC3 system and the new CentOS4
system, and the same file generates one page when printed from the FC3
system and, no matter what I do, always adds a blank page after the printed
page from the CentOS4 system.  All banner pages are turned off in the
configuration, and I've tried both "US Letter" and "A4" as paper size.

Anyone seen this behavior before or know of a solution?

Jim
| Jim Secan           | Northwest Research Assoc, Inc |
| (jim at nwra.com)      | 2455 E. Speedway, Suite 204   |
| (520) 319-7773      | Tucson, Arizona 85719         |