[Tfug] UAWiFi and wpa_supplicant

Claude Rubinson rubinson at u.arizona.edu
Tue Feb 5 15:50:58 MST 2008

On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 03:27:07PM -0700, Robert Hunter wrote:
> Thanks, Jude, Shawn, and Claude.  Apparently, my problem extends
> beyond my wpa_supplicant configuration.  I tried all of your
> suggestions, and a few others as well.  It may have to do with linux
> driver issues for iwl4965 -- I don't know yet.  In any case, when I
> get this straightened out, I'll report back.

Networking in Linux is a bitch.  I struggled for quite a while trying
to get a
theoretically-supported-but-I-could-never-figure-out-the-proper-incantation
networking card working with UAWifi.  Eventually, I was able to get
the card working but the connection would be dropped periodically (I
don't remember all of the details; they're probably in the TFUG
archives somewhere.)  Anyway, I ended up buying an ipw2200 off the web
for approx $30.  Generally, I work until I get things figured out but
in this case, I bit the bullet.  And I've never had any regrets.  The
new card was cheap and it "just worked."  Just an option you might
want to consider.

Claude