[Tfug] postscript & ghostscript printing issue

christ skeptikos at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 11:32:28 MST 2008

> Just be sure whatever *default* is actually
> doing the processing isn't doing something that
> you aren't aware of!  (I don't like leaving
> options unspecified)
>
> I haven't run FBSD since 2.something but I can
> dig up my printcap(5) and pass it along for
> your inspection...

Shouldn't really be necessary. I've discovered that
putting my printer in polling mode makes cups
workable. I tried messing with the -P flag a bit,
but that didn't do anything.

I think cups uses ghostscript, but I don't know
why it manages to print the files the right size.
I looked at the printouts that weren't done by cups
some more, and they really just look like there is
a scaling issue. The way that the text is shifted
to the right of the page seems to correspond directly
to the extent that the text was enlarged.

I'll just have to add it to my stack of oddities that
need to be addressed and resolved when I get time.

Thanks for your help though ~ Chris