[Tfug] XO laptop and OLPC

Basgen, Brian bbasgen at pima.edu
Mon Feb 4 08:45:34 MST 2008

 I'm not aware of anyone working to incorporate the mesh into their
distro -- it would require a steep fundamental change in design; I would
guess kernel changes.

 The XO is free and open source, and is built on a stripped down version
of fedora core. You can run the "Sugar" environment either virtually or
on distros like Ubuntu, Gentoo, etc.

	http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Virtualized_Sugar
	http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sugar_on_Ubuntu_Linux
	http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sugar_on_Gentoo_Linux