[Tfug] PDA non-usage

Bill M. beelymagee at cox.net
Sun Feb 3 18:26:16 MST 2008

Here's my take on the PDAs. I've been a PDA user for almost 10 years,
first with a Palm Pilot Professional (yow!) and now a Palm IIIxe: both
monochrome screens and funky. I consider the Palm to be my external
brain: I keep all my daily appointments in MS Outlook 2003 (for school
where we're a Novell shop with Windows PCs, soon to be Windows servers)
- sync with the Palm, indispensable for me! I keep all my contacts and
NOTES files with all kinds of lists and info. I also use Documents To Go
to sync up Excel files of little flat-file databases (Inventory info).
I do have quite a few eTexts on the Palm. I am looking to get a
smartphone to replace the Palm and cell phone keeping my iPod for music
and video. I currently don't do anything online with the phone, though
that may change. That's the issue I have: carrying three things around.
I want to stay with Verizon for my cell carrier - best reception, but
data restrictions are a pain.

-*-Bill