[Tfug] UPS sizing

Zack Williams zdwzdw at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 17:27:09 MST 2008

> WorldCare recycles lots of these, pretty regularly.
> Of course, the batteries are usually toast...  but,
> then again, you *expect* to need new batteries anyway.

A few weeks ago I learned that the Battery Factory on the NE corner of
Oracle and Grant will make up RBCx cartridges for APC units, glued
with the fuse/connectors installed for the same price as two
batteries.

They're very reasonably priced - an RBC7 for a SmartUPS 1500 costs
about $115, which is about the same as online before shipping, and as
these things weigh 25-35 pounds, shipping isn't trivial.

- Zack