[Tfug] keeping the FOSS spirit alive on a windows box

Ranjan Grover ranjan.grover at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 11:00:17 MST 2008

> Cygwin is a lifesaver for me...  gives you full shells, compilers,
> etc., and lets you do stuff like run sshd and rsync on a windows
> machine, to back it up

I have Cygwin too. But you have to try out andLinux if you want all
the graphical tools like kate/amarok. Plus the fonts look nicer in
Konsole. You can run apt-get inside of it and basically have the
latest and greatest of everything. By default the andLinux installer
runs Ubuntu gutsy, but upgrading to hoary wasn't a problem. I haven't
tried upgrading to Ibex though because of the KDE 4.x being default.
Prefer to sick with 3.5x for the time being.

Ranjan