[Tfug] Well it's back to Ubuntu...

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 21:34:37 MST 2008

Quoting:

>>PS- I'm also of the belief that if apt-get (or yum) does what you need, why the heck would you need a GUI? Makes no sense to me. It's far quicker to apt-get install foo than manually find it in a list somewhere.<<

At least in Ubuntu, searching for what you need in the more advanced
GUI installer (Synaptic under System>Administration) gives you more
details on what you're pondering installing.

In some cases you KNOW what you want but in others, you're considering
options and need the details, esp. if there's more than one way to
skin a particular cat.