[Tfug] Well it's back to Ubuntu...

Bowie J. Poag bpoag at comcast.net
Mon Dec 22 18:01:34 MST 2008

Robert Hunter wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 03:25:19AM -0700, Jim March wrote:
>
>> * Network Manager 7 is used on both Ubuntu Intrepid and Fedora 10.
>>

> Tis the season, so here's a suggestion:
>
> aptitude remove network-manager
>
> Network manager is a nice example of how wrapping a turd as a system
> service and giving it a warm-and-fuzzy GUI front-end is essentially
> still...  a piece of shit.

Well said.

It never ceases to amaze me, how perplexed and frightened to the point
of bedwetting some people are in simply editing a damn text file or two.
You only have to learn it once, gang. It's simple. It takes 2 minutes to
sit down and understand, and it frees you from the need to rely upon
your distrib's network configuration tool of the week, or ANY tool, for
that matter.