[Tfug] Possible font problem

James Hood ebenblues at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 13:04:15 MST 2008

Hi all,

I really haven't messed around much with fonts in linux, so I thought
I'd ask the list. At work, we've got a server running SuSE 11.0 where
I have some code I'm working on. I use ssh X11 forwarding for tkdiff
and gvim and have noticed with SuSE 11, the refresh rate is to a point
where it's hard to use the programs. The only noticeable difference I
can see between this box and other boxes where I don't have this
problem is that the SuSE box is using "pretty" (anti-aliased) fonts in
those applications which seems to be the cause of the slowdown. Does
anyone know of a way to quickly disable pretty fonts for X apps to
verify if this is in fact the problem?

Thanks,
James

--
"The humble learn the fastest because they don't waste time on
defending a false image."