[Tfug] LCD monitor failures

John Karns johnkarns at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 14:52:30 MST 2008

On 8/14/08, Bexley Hall <bexley401 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got a bunch of LCD panels (monitors) to test.
> for WorldCare.
>
> >From time to time, I notice "dark areas" in the
> display.  Not "black", just "reduced brightness".
>
> I belive these are areas where the glass has been
> deformed (due to mishandling by user).  Can anyone
> confirm this?

I've yet to encounter the problem myself, but I would guess (and a WAG
at that) that it could be dust / dirt contamination of a reflective
plane at the back of the LCD.  Or possibly dust / dirt on the
backlight bulb itself.

Doesn't seem likely to be due to a deformation of the screen surface.

--
John