[Tfug] Thunderbird - Firefox Problem

Hubert M Bath bathhm at laposadagv.net
Mon Aug 11 10:58:27 MST 2008

Running  FF ver 3.0.1 and TB 2.0.0.16 on fresh installation of Ubuntu
8.04.  I can't find any setting which will correct the following:
clicking on links in received e-mail does not bring up the linked url in
the (already running) Firefox.  Nothing happens.  Turns out that each
unsuccessful attempt results in a new line entry
                 "ex: TypeError:  rules (sic!) has no properties "
in the the Tools >> Error Console listing.
What do I have to do to get to a website in one click, rather than the
half-dozen or more it takes to copy the link, go to FF, and paste?

TIA,  Hu Bath