[Tfug] Help needed with wireless connection HELP!!!!

Ryan Cresawn jrcresawn at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 16:21:39 MST 2008

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 4:09 PM, Glen Pfeiffer <glen at thepfeiffers.net> wrote:
> On Wed Aug 06, 2008 at 06:49:25PM -0400, paulv22 at cox.net wrote:
>> I can't get to the internet at ALL with my ubuntu box.  And
>> wifes pc is Windoze :(
>
> Show us the output of these commands:
>
> $ sudo ifconfig -a
> $ cat /etc/network/interfaces
> $ lspci -v
> $ dmesg | grep eth
> $ sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart
>
> Not sure I'll be able to help once I see the output, but at least
> it will provide the list more info.

Before running those commands run 'script'.  Then run all those
commands Glen suggested and then type 'exit'.  The output file is
named 'typescript'.  Please copy that to a USB flash disk and then
walk it over to your Internet connected computer.  Post a message to
the list that includes 'typescript' either as an attachment or as the
body of the message.  That will help us help you a lot.

Ryan