[Tfug] Opine: Bricks, warts or...?

Tim Ottinger tottinge at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 21:11:05 MST 2008

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 10:34 PM, Bexley Hall <bexley401 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Are multi-effect units just N dedicated effect units
> in a single box?  Or, are they "programmable/configurable"
> in some way?

Oh, you can program and configure the heck out of them.  You have N banks
of N patches which are amazingly configurable.  And you get a bunch of
presets you can edit to taste.  One click of a footswitch and you can go
from
an SRV overdrive/wah/vibe to a U2 overdrive/delay/vox model patch.  Great
stuff, though they tend to be solid state, and that means less tone than
a bunch of analog pedals.

Understood.  Note that if you could find a *DC* unit with
> the same sort of plug, this would work as well (unless the
> unit is using the AC signal as a timebase *or* as part of
> an active noise reduction (hum) system (unlikely)

Really?

> (sigh)  Do you still have the brick?  (I can probably fix it)

Yeah, but I'm not anywhere near Tucson.