[Tfug] Opine: Bricks, warts or...?

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 5 09:19:09 MST 2008

--- On Tue, 8/5/08, George Cohn <gwcohn at simplybits.net> wrote:

> Timothy Ottinger wrote:
> > I also bought a power squid last year because it also
> takes only one
> > outlet, and provides about eight outputs.
>
> They also make those for the plug that fits in a computer
> power supply and many "bricks."  I have a couple of 4 legged
> octopus for plugging in a bunch of Cisco power injectors.

There is a "cord" that lets you daisy chain devices with
these three prong connectors.  THey are very hard to find, though.

There are also cords that can be "stacked" -- sort of like the old
XMAS ornament power cords.

It would be nice if all (computer) gear all had outlets alongside
their AC inlets -- like older PC's had.

Both seem ripe for abuse, though.  :<  But, they can be pretty
handy when you have lots of devices competing for outlets!
(I use 2- and 3- headed power cords on one of my systems as
there are 17 power cords, otherwise!  :<  )

(Of course, almost all electrical power distribution is ripe
for abuse!  Nothing inherently restricts the user from doing
stupid things -- like plug 8 squids into *one* squid; eight
more into each of *those*, etc.)