[Tfug] Opine: Bricks, warts or...?

Timothy Ottinger tottinge at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 22:15:55 MST 2008

How timely.

I have effects pedals for my guitars, and just ordered a OneSpot
adapter kit  from VisualSound.   It takes up only one spot on the
power tree (one of those "sideways warts") and daisy-chains 8 standard
9v power plugs.    I also own a "wall wart remover" which is
essentially a short extension cord with an ungrounded end.   Taking
less space is a big deal when you're working from a strip or an
extension cord on some stage or platform somewhere.

I also bought a power squid last year because it also takes only one
outlet, and provides about eight outputs.  I think this matters  As a
consumer, I want all my devices to take only one plug space.  A wart
is too big.  If they can't be made "sideways" so you can line them up,
I would rather see a brick.  If I can't have that, then a squid or
multiplug dealio is fine.

It does matter to me. But I'm weird.

tim