[Tfug] Hardy Heron problems

Tim Ottinger tottinge at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 20:12:32 MST 2008

John Karns wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 3:24 PM, Tim Ottinger <tottinge at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> While I'm trying to *not* sound (or BE) self-righteous or anything, I
>>  took the plunge on my Thinkpad T42p last night, and it has been working
>>  just like before.  I didn't have to do anything special.
>>

> What did you upgrade from?  I'm currently running 7.04 on my T42p.

Straight from gutsy.  I update all the time, and had a very current
gutsy before doing
the whole hardy thing.

One little thing was an issue: I had been playing with alternative
(restricted) video driver, and my machine would freeze if it suspended.
It froze also in the middle of the upgrade, but really only was in the
download stage so it did nothing bad for me.  Currently everything looks
good using the standard (non-restricted driver).

Wifi is good, video is good, mem usage is good, cpu is good.  No problems.