[Tfug] ubuntu

sitkaa at email.arizona.edu sitkaa at email.arizona.edu
Thu Apr 24 09:33:08 MST 2008

Wubi looks to dispel many problems having to do with linux's first bug hurdle.
Perhaps this will be a major catalyst to get things moving the Ubuntu way. And
8.1 is supposed to focus on mobile computing. I s'pose there is always more to
look for.

It would be nice to see 20 'pre-build's for the top 20 or so laptops
being used.
Perhaps with Wubi and/or continued simplification of the configuration
process,
such a thing would be moot.

Computers are part of the infocom system that holds society together.
They will
be used in a wide variety of ways, from home users to users who have no homes.
IMO, the idea of a computerless population that only uses ubiquitous terminals
is just not practical. People are just far too resourceful to put up
with that.