[Tfug] ubuntu

sitkaa at email.arizona.edu sitkaa at email.arizona.edu
Wed Apr 23 16:06:10 MST 2008

Which only makes the point again that linux is evolving into greater
complexity,
not greater ease. Looking over these numerous websites with their dialect and
allusions is more than just convoluted, it is bewildering. Again, this thread
started with a question, "Why aren't more people using linux?", and the answer
is here. So is the solution.

The value of an open source, free, community supported infocom system is
immeasurable. Certainly, its creation is a worthy goal, one that has been
pursued and implemented to varying degrees by many people in the community,
sometimes with fanfare but usually without any substantial
acknowledgement, for
the good of all.

The value of an open source, free, community supported infocom system is
immeasurable. I have hoped that linux would evolve to be simpler and easier to
use for this purpose, but that does not seem to be the case. I am not just
talking about the program, mind you, but also the community, the soft
infrastructure, which as altruistic as it might be, as generally
friendly as it
might be, is still rather convoluted and disorganized.

Welcome to the world of linux, huh. I have just been trying to explain what I
see, and offer some suggestions that could help the situation. Not that this
will occur, mind you. Linux is still a world for the technically inclined, and
will likely remain so. Yet, it has so much promise.

Peace,
Michael