[Tfug] ubuntu

sitkaa at email.arizona.edu sitkaa at email.arizona.edu
Wed Apr 23 13:46:19 MST 2008

> the age of the centralized information/publication repository has passed.

Perhaps I am too old school, but that is hard to wrap my mind around.

How can you develop a system, no matter how distributed, that doesn't have an
organizational theme, and expect it to work easily/efficiently?

Last night here at the U. a bunch of people with bicycles gathered and milled
about. I asked someone who organized this event, to which the reply
that no one
did. It just happened. And it continues to happen every Tuesday night
at 8ish. I
hung around awhile to observe the process. Someone eventually shouted
out to the
crowd that had a path that they were going, and to follow them. The crowd
followed this person who took the lead.

I think that a central organizational theme is needed, no matter how loose the
association, if decisions are to be made. For instance, (Mr. Linus?) acts as a
benevolent dictator. The real question (for me) is how to organize the themes.
I don't have the technical know how to lead such a project, but I think it
would be useful, even if outdated in modality.