[Tfug] OT: Wireless Internet way out in Marana

Jon bigj at flatwan.net
Fri Apr 18 16:26:12 MST 2008

Eric M. Gearhart wrote:
> OK first off a disclaimer: I work at DakotaCom.Net.  Yes I'm just
> trying to help this guy out.... I just happen to know we have wireless
> towers pretty far out there. (I just glanced at the topographic map we
> have setup in our network monitoring system)
>
> Have you shopped around with local ISPs? Depending on where you are
> Dakota might have a tower within line of sight you can shoot to
> http://dakotacom.net
>
> I will gracefully bail out now in the hopes I don't get yelled at from
> the TFUG list for blatantly "advertising"
>
> Eric
> http://nixwizard.net

Real wireless (Motorola Canopy) or ad-hoc wireless inherited from the
Gain merger? Inquiring minds on the list want to know more detail about
the infrastructure.

 I still remember Bill telling me, "There is no money is WISPs" when I
suggested opening talks with Gain 3 years ago. Good times. I'm glad he
came around though as it sounds like everything is going good.

--
Jon