[Tfug] Pleasurable distraction

sitkaa at email.arizona.edu sitkaa at email.arizona.edu
Thu Apr 17 10:32:36 MST 2008

For the most part I have looked into this, but I know things change
quickly. It
is hard to keep up with it all.

A voting system such as what I would propose does not yet exist, from
what I can
tell. The model I would propose is pieced together from bits of other voting
systems. If you are interested in working on this, give me about two weeks to
put together formal proposal for it. Then you cn run with it.

The mapping system already exists, but integrating the data points I would
integrate has only been attempted to some degree by an academic group in the
B.C. (google Quest and environmental sustainability tools (EST)). I do GIS
stuff using Arc series, etc. Making maps is part of what I do for public
planning.

The library of sustainability issues and intiatives goes right along with the
above. It already exists, but again not with the organizational level I have
planned.

The community based banking system does not exist, although it once did for a
short time (google Irving Fisher's 'Stamp Scrip' for historical perspective).
The main points of it are:
1. multi-level community issued currency
2. depreciating currency over both time and space
This would need computers to work properly, but it would be more efficient and
more usable than a stamp scrip, and would result in a very stable economy. The
only downside is that chasing profits would not drive the economy...

I would use linux, or some BSD, for this, which is why I get so
frustrated with
it. It is simply too complicated for me to figure out how to do this. My mind
just doesn't work like that.

Anyway, I think that was all I sent out. Thanks for posting it to the
TFUG list.

Michael