[Tfug] Ubuntu 7.10 install problem

joealwine at juno.com joealwine at juno.com
Wed Apr 16 10:11:37 MST 2008

Have started to install Ubuntu 7.10 on some older computers for sale at World Care. Problem is with Dell Dimension 2100, which has a 900MHZ Celeron CPU. Install went well and I did all the updates. Then I tried to install Abiword. Get message Abiword cannot be installed on your computer type (i386).  Also noticed lots of other programs have this same message in the add/remove section. Uname -a shows new 2.6.22-14.Generic i686 kernel.  I tied the live 7.04 cd and it does not show this error message in add/remove programs information section.
Visa, MasterCard, AMEX & Discover. Compare Offers & Apply Online. Click here!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2121/fc/Ioyw6i3m2HW9d13roY7ktHWHnYLI2exXnlpAKMLihNFZNO95ZMKZGg/