[Tfug] ubuntu

George Cohn gwcohn at simplybits.net
Tue Apr 15 17:12:44 MST 2008

sitkaa at email.arizona.edu wrote:
> but also due to a lack of anyone to hold my hand to degree
> necessary to get past first base.

This thread reminds me of an incident once when I was working at the
hospital.  I was taking eight or nine credits in the evening and
mentioned to one of my co-workers who was a Red-Hat freak about the cool
Linux stuff I had learned from Harry and Louis.  He complained that he
didn't have time to take any classes.  He was divorced and had his
daughter about one week out of four.

Let's see, I'm married, was working 40 - 50 hours a week and still made
time to take a couple or three classes.  What's wrong with this picture?

Don't complain about not having someone to hold your hand in learning an
OS if you don't want to invest the time to take a class.

George Cohn