[Tfug] Recommended wireless network cards

eric christian ericdanc at alice-dsl.net
Tue Apr 15 00:16:12 MST 2008

With all the hassle just getting these WLANs to
work, a serious security issue is left aside.
WLANs (most, all?) require at least the deaktivation
of any firewall. Then, theoretically at least, there's
the encrypt, WEP etc. As I used WLAN, i was receiving
2 other WLANs, probably within a 90m radius. Just
how strong are WEP etc?
After i read, my fund manager warns against doing buisness
with them over WLAN, i took the WLAN tupper box & dongle
back to the dealer, couldn´t get it to work anyway,
especially after i "upgraded" it with new firmware into
Nirvana.
Now, any LAN here's going to be over yellow cable...
Eric