[Tfug] Recommended wireless network cards

aj hine pynorsis at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 13:02:27 MST 2008

I use a Cisco CB21AG, it is an Atheros chipset and that will do all
that you need. Use madwifi drivers, in the etch non-free.

Sarge  instructions -->http://www.fehu.org/atheros-en.html

The Cisco is a solid unit, it's got a good heft to it, but it is
_pricey_. Others have gotten  WPA to work on it, I haven't tried it.

If you can't find one here's a link for other atheros cards.
http://atheros.rapla.net/

Currently I do use a mini-pci Centrino but as Claude said you have to
install the firmware, and
there may be security issues with that firmware. Dunno about WPA

ajh