[Tfug] [deborah at fsf.org: [FSF] Announcing the Free Software Jobs Page]

Claude Rubinson rubinson at u.arizona.edu
Tue Apr 8 15:24:08 MST 2008

FYI...

----- Forwarded message from Deborah Nicholson <deborah at fsf.org> -----

From: Deborah Nicholson <deborah at fsf.org>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 16:44:37 -0400
Subject: [FSF] Announcing the Free Software Jobs Page
To: info-member at gnu.org

Hi,
The FSF wants to help you live the dream and that's why we've launched a
brand new free software jobs page at http://www.fsf.org/resources/jobs.
You and other free software hackers now have a new place to look for
jobs; a place that only lists jobs directly related to free software.

It's a handy service for potential employees, but it's also a very
specialized resource for employers. They get the attention of hackers,
sysadmins and developers who've been working on free software for years
-- people like yourself, who care about free software and are
well-connected to the community.

Starting in May, ads will be available for $250 for a thirty-day run.
But for the month of April, it's free (as in beer) to list your ad.

If your workplace has a job opening in free software, have HR send the
listing along to job-page at fsf.org and we'll list it for thirty days.
When we do start charging, the funds we recieve for job ads will support
promotion and protection of free software. It's a win-win situation for
employers because they're essentially "re-investing" their ad budget to
support the same community that makes their business possible.

Please help us get the word out about this new opportunity -- tell your
HR department about it and your friends who are currently "between
gigs." When you get a new job through the free software page, be sure to
let your employer know where you saw it!

Thanks!
Deborah Nicholson
Directory Maintainer
http://www.fsf.org/resources/jobs