[Tfug] TFUG Site/List

Jim Secan jim at nwra.com
Tue Apr 1 08:40:49 MST 2008

Jon and Tyler...

I am sorry to see the TFUG list go.  Yeah, there's been contention and not
a little juvenile nastiness on occasion, but it has been a source of useful
information and the odd (VERY odd) chuckle from time to time.  I understand
your decision, and MANY thanks for keeping this going for as many years as
you have.

Jim

At 08:35 AM 04/01/2008 -0700, you wrote:
>TFUG'ers,
>
>Over the past years I have been made several offers by people on the
>'net to purchase tfug.org from myself and Tyler. We've discussed these
>offers in private and unanimously decided it wasn't good for the users,
>let alone us.
>
>Well one person that has made offers in the past "upped the ante" so we
>began talking about it some more. We concluded that the TFUG list
>doesn't really offer any quality information you can't obtain from other
>linux/unix enthusiasts lists. It seems people prefer the list as place
>to harass and belittle people to make their miserable lives seem more
>tolerable. That combined with the lack of committment to redo the
>website and get it to modern day standards, we (Tyler and I) have
>decided to take the offer and disband the TFUG list.
>
>The new owner will let the list continue to run for the month of April
>at which point the list will be shutdown along with the website. This
>was a hard decision to make, trust us. There are alternatives though.
>Google and Yahoo both have free mailing lists which might be a suitable
>replacement for a list such as this.
>
>I've met some great people (and not so great. You know who you are...)
>and it pains me to do this. Stay in touch.
>
>--
>Jon

| Jim Secan           | Northwest Research Assoc, Inc |
| (jim at nwra.com)      | 2455 E. Speedway, Suite 204   |
| (520) 319-7773      | Tucson, Arizona 85719         |