[Tfug] coLinux

jblais joe.blais at pti-instruments.com
Tue Apr 22 09:57:28 MST 2008

Hello -

Has anyone used coLinux?

It seems like a way of running Linux on a winders host.  I'm using the
mikrosnot (interesting - the spell checker recognized this and wanted to
spell it korrectly, with capitalization) virtual pc, and it works OK.  The
virtual PC seems to be much simpler to get up and running than anythin in
the coLinux documentation.  My worry is that muxroznot will disable the
virtual pc soon.  I had some virtual pc's running XP, on XP - which was nice
so I could back up an entire image of a project and run it later from
exactly the same place (after a hard drive crash, I thought this a nice
feature).  The problem is, now for some reaason the XP images aren't allowed
to boot because the MikroSSnot domain won't allow the images to boot up any
more.  My Linux images seem to boot up OK and see the Vinders Netvork
(Achtung!) (I'm German, so I can make fun at myzelf!).

I still haven't bought vmware or other stuff, but I'm just trying to stay
informed on options.  I don't want to change things right now anyway.

bY tHE wAY, I heard (on NPR) that the "whatever email organization it is"
adopted Word 2006 (i think), as the standard format for e-mail.  Something
like that.  And apparently it used to be something like OpenWord (??) Does
this mean that all Linux e-mail stuff will now need some Mr Bill License -
or otherwise be owned and Kontrolled (Heil Bill!) by Him?

Anyway

Joe

OT.

What is it about the human condition that makes us demand control and
conformance, even as kids?  Gotta have the same shoes Johnny wears.  Keep up
with the Jones's. Hitler, Stalin, Mao, all the Abraham sects. One party
rule.  And now Mr Bill!  And with all THEY have, they continue to grub over
the few independent thinkers, like Linux people???

(gotta watch my blood pressure!)

Bye.