[Tfug] ubuntu

Tony teamick at cox.net
Sun Apr 13 09:14:28 MST 2008

One of the young guys at work today was talking with another co worker.
He had picked up a used computer with a system on it called ubuntu. Both
said they had never heard of it before. He told the other that it wasn't
as nice as windows, but it worked pretty good. The co worker said just
install windows.  The young guy said no . It does what I want it to do
just not as easy and he was going to use it. This is from a total newbie
to computers. Do you know how hard it was to keep from busting out
laughing! They had been talking about needing to buy an antivirus and
firewall and so I told him he already had both available for ubuntu by
just downloading and installing them and explained how to do it through
add/remove. Time will tell in his case, if we have another convert.