[Tfug] Digital camera and USB-->Serial adapter

Ronald Sutherland ronald.sutherland at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 10:38:26 MST 2007

Earl wrote:
> I have a Kodak DC210 I would find convenient to use with my laptop.  No serial port though.  Does anyone know how the USB to serial adapters work with something like this?
>
> Earl

USB to serial will load something like /dev/ttyUSB0 when plugged in.
Just set options in whatever program is used to that device as the
serial port. I've found this works for test instruments and an embedded
thing that would only accept sun-rpc calls from a program someone had
written. Probably not much help but...