[Tfug] peltier?

Sean Warburton hl2addict at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 12:53:12 MST 2007

I do indeed have a radiator. It's a 120mm unit with a...120mm fan...on it.
Quiet is nice, but I would be more than happy to sacrifice noise for
performance. I have heard of that project with the cooking oil:) I don't
have a cool Plexiglas case, though:( And besides, wouldn't that be odd
saying "oh, time to change the oil on my computer. Every 3 months or 5000
frags, whichever comes first" :) And upgrading. If I wanted to get another
couple gigs of ram, I would have to drain it and clean all the contacts for
the ram. Don't get me wrong, if I had a lot of extra money laying around and
I became eccentric, I would totally do this. But using the convection
currents of a heating liquid to cool a CPU is genius. Not to mention that
fact that you could overclock your north bridge, RAM and video cards to
insane frequencies, too.
My setup is as follows: 320gph pump, radiator, CPU, reservoir, back to pump.
So, a larger reservoir is in order? or a bigger radiator? or both? The only
problem with upgrading both is I would need to start chopping my case to fit
them.
     Sean

On 9/29/07, Robert Hunter <hunter at tfug.org> wrote:

> On 9/27/07, Sean Warburton <hl2addict at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have been contemplating the use of alternate cooling systems for quite
> > some time now
>
> http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/01/09/strip_out_the_fans/
>
> --
> Rob