[Tfug] Server Compromise

Jeffry Johnston tfug at kidsquid.com
Fri Sep 28 13:47:31 MST 2007

A statically compiled busybox (use a different machine to compile :) can
give you your common utility programs (rm, cp, various shells, account
tools, etc).  Run it off a CD-R or write protected floppy to prevent
tampering.  I have to agree, though.. if you suspect the box is rooted, you
need to start over.  Perhaps bring up another machine along side.. then when
it is ready, switch services to using the new machine in your router setup.

Jeff