[Tfug] permissions issues?

andy andyjones at cox.net
Thu Sep 27 03:41:56 MST 2007

I tried adding a group permission for Virtualbox to my user and it
killed my admin permissions.  I was able to find a bug report in Ubuntu
and figure out how to get it repaired. Now everything appears to work
ok, but my sound applet in the taskbar has a red fubar symbol on it and
when I click on it to open the volume control, I get this message (see
attached screenshot). Can anyone tell me why this happened and how to
fix it? Or should I kill the sucker and just use my Alsa Gnome Mixer for
sound adjustments.

Andy