[Tfug] non-technical question

Steve Shucker sshucker at vmsinfo.com
Mon Sep 24 11:39:56 MST 2007

In ubuntu, go to the menus in the top left and select
Application->Accessories->Terminal and you'll get your terminal window.

UNIX is all about scripting series of commands.  Create a text file.
Start it with a line reading "#!/bin/sh" to identify which shell should
execute it.  Add your commands.  You'll have to set execute permissions
to your file (chmod +x filename) and then you can run it just like a
batch script.

Here's some info on getting codecs:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats

-Steve