[Tfug] Damned Intel WiFi (2200BG series mini-PCI) stopped working. ..

hharden71 at netzero.net hharden71 at netzero.net
Tue Sep 18 22:35:18 MST 2007

You probably found these references already, but in case you hadn't

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Intel_PRO/Wireless_2200BG_Mini-PCI_Adapter
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problem_with_unauthorized_MiniPCI_network_card

Hope one of those helps.
-Henry H.

-- "Jim March" <1.jim.march at gmail.com> wrote:
Well this may explain it: note the "radio off" thing on Eth1 (the
Intel WiFi card)!?

---jim at jim-acer:~$ iwconfig
lo        no wireless extensions.

eth0      no wireless extensions.

eth1      radio off  ESSID:""
          Mode:Managed  Channel:0  Access Point: Not-Associated
          Bit Rate:0 kb/s   Tx-Power=off   Sensitivity=8/0
          Retry limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality:0  Signal level:0  Noise level:0

wifi0     no wireless extensions.

ath0      IEEE 802.11g  ESSID:"jimnet"  Nickname:""
          Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.417 GHz  Access Point: 00:15:E9:D8:F7:B9
          Bit Rate:54 Mb/s   Tx-Power:15 dBm   Sensitivity=0/3
          Retry:off   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality=57/94  Signal level=-39 dBm  Noise level=-96 dBm

jim at jim-acer:~$

Jim again: note that pulling the Ath0 PCMCIA card doesn't help any.

Tucson Free Unix Group - tfug at tfug.org
Subscription Options: